Thursday, June 3, 2010

Chick Lits.

An excerpt from the story that I am reading:
When Conor took the job all those years ago, it was difficult being away from one another for so long. I used to visit him as much as I could but it was difficult to keep taking time off work. The visits got shorter, rarer, then stopped.

I always thought our marriage could survive anything as long as we both tried. But then I found myself having to try to try. I dug beneath the new layers of complexities we'd created over the years to get to the beginning of the relationship. What was it, I wondered, that we'd created over the years to get to the beginning of the relationship. What was it, I wondered, that we had then that we could revive? What was the thing that could make two people want to promise one another to spend every day of the rest of their lives together? Ah, I found it. It was a thing called love. A small simple word. If only it didn't mean so much, our marriage would be flawless.

It made me think.

No comments: