Monday, October 18, 2010

A getaway and a funeral.

I was in Penang a while ago. For a getaway and also to attend.. I don't know what you call it, 49th? or 50th day? I'm not sure. Maybe it was just coincidental. I didn't really plan on going for it. Part of me know I should, so I did. We spent most of the time getting lost on the streets of Penang. Also, before an early morning the next day, I had 3 tequila shots. Yes, 3. That's a whole lot for me if you know my horribly low tolerance for alcohol. The other did 7. Then he started talking about the prime minister of Malaysia and his wife. Didn't make sense. I'll be heading to Thailand soon. Sigh. Not been back there for a while now. Not seen the new house, don't really want to. My puppy have grown into a dog and probably have forgotten me. I would no longer have my grandma getting up at 4am in the morning to get us sweet breakfast and cook a range of dishes. Or her accidentally washing iPods. Or enjoying parties at the house. Or the beds she personally makes for us. Or the late night shows we watch on a cold winter's night. I wonder what it would be like without my grandma around. Death makes you want to be with the ones you love more. Or change your life in some way. Hers did. Not the recent one. Neither will the next one.





No comments: