Monday, May 24, 2010

Why Smartphones can be Dumbphones?



Aren’t we materialistic these days? Or is it just the KL brats? I was over at Serendah 2 weekends ago and we had to pass through Orang Asli housing area. They do live in proper walled houses/squatters type, some even have Astro! [It does not surprise me] But yet there are some who still go bare footed. Yes, adults too. And today I was on the train, holding on to my BlackBerry as it beeps.. I realised, contrary to my ‘self-persuaded belief’ not everyone owns a BlackBerry, but they are still on their John-Jane phones. *frowns*

I have been given a ‘Taboo’ topic list. 1) Guys. 2) Banana. 3) BlackBerry vs iPhones. No seriously. My debates on smartphones have gone far and wide~even further than Celcom’s coverage. I’ve been using BlackBerry for almost 2 years now. But………..

It was a dumbphone for about a year and a half. *big grins* I used it for John-Jane purposes. 1) In the UK, it requires you to sign up with them for at least 18 months or something like that. So I just bought the BlackBerry as it is. *loves it* Then almost a year later it went bonkers, tried servicing it 3 times, gave up, they gave me a new one, I signed up for DiGi Smart Plan, a week later, I lose my BlackBerry. *head bows*. So I bought another BlackBerry. And apparently a retarded one. Got it changed the next day. *stabs Blue Cube*

With all honesty, I was never a DiGi fan. I was with Maxis. But EVERYBODY KNOWS Maxis sucks the customer’s money as good as a 'Queen'. With that, I went over to DiGi, enquired, got my card instantly. Okay, wow. Then we have the plans. I had no idea I was signed on to DiGi Smart Plan. I guess the promoter girl thought I knew what I am in for. ANYWAY, ‘RM58/month unlimited’ stuck to my head. Sound like a ChurpChurp keyword brief. Reasonable prices/okay internet speed [sorry but no one can suck at it as bad as Streamyx]. However, I’ve been getting slow internet these days. P1W1MAX is getting my e-mails faster than DiGi. Err.. weird. DiGi, you used to be quicker. Oh wait, that was with Streamyx.



BREAK FREE with DiGi! Dress up as a villain [I must as well go to it as myself] this Saturday [29.05.10] exclusively for DiGi Evangelists @ Ecoba! MORE INFO

Btw, [I've a list why BB's better than iPhone, but lets not get into that] owning a BlackBerry with a data plan is the best thing. BlackBerry Messenger really makes communicating easier (chat/pictures/files/voice notes/video). Easy INSTANT communication worldwide. Isn't that a good enough reason? *sigh*

No comments: